Event structure and rules
An "event" consists of a swim/paddle, cycle and run for a particular age group. An event can be completed by an individual or by a team (eg where one person swims/paddles, another cycles and a third runs). Events are offered in either full or half-distance. Prizes are differentiated for male and female competitors.
750 meter swim or 3.6 km paddle
20 km mountain bike ride
5 Km Run
375 meter swim or 2 km paddle
10 kilometer mountain bike ride
21/2 km Trail Run
Individual Full Distance 18 and under
19 – 39
Individual Half Distance 12 – 13
14 - 16
Team Full Distance 18 and under
19 – 39
Team Half Distance 12 – 13
14 - 16
An event for the kiddies in various age groups ranging from pre-school to under-12. While these younger competitors can also participate in the Mudman events (accompanied all the way by a parent), Mudskippers is specifically for the younger set. As for Mudman, it comprises a swim, cycle and run, but in a swimming pool instead of the dam and over much shorter distances.
Race information or Rules
- Two man teams may participate and will receive medals, but are not eligible for prizes.
- Only teams with 3 participants are eligible for prizes.
- Qualification for the Series prize requires entry into the SWIM FULL DISTANCE category.
- Helmets and own bike are compulsory for the ride as well as life jackets and own
canoe for the paddle.
- Crop tops/T-shirts is compulsory for the run.
- No wet suits in the swim.
- Minimum age for individual full distance: 12 years unless accompanied by parent.